Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Hello all,

I just wanted to take a minute and say hello to the forum. My name is Keith and I'm from Prior Lake,MN. I just placed an order for Epilog Helix 24 with a 50 watt laser. I started reading this forum about a week ago, while trying to decide on my power requirments. At this point, this purchase is strictly for hobby interests, and to expand the capabilities of my hobby woodshop. I just wanted to introduce myself and to thank all of you contributors, for a truly great forum. I have to get back to page 323 of the forum and continue soaking up knowledge from all of your past posts. This forum is like a good book, in that it's hard to put down.

Thanks again

Hope to be able to bring something to the table, in the not too distant future.

Keith

Welcome to the Creek! I think you wil find that people here are happy to answer any questions you come up with. (I found this place invaluable, esp. as I am far from any other engravers.) IT's a great hobby but you are likely to find that people will even pay you to make things while you have some fun with your laser!
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Welcome to the creek Keith. This is the best forum with the most knowledgeable people (I don't include myself in that group) around. Keep reading and best of luck.
    Mike

Helix 75W runnin at 89W, Corel X3, Epilog Summit 25W (alive and kickin), CNC mills, lathes, vinyl cutter, Microflame Generator (flame polisher), and all kind of other stuff to keep things interesting

Welcome to the fun, Keith! You are doing it right by reading as many posts as you can... this group is THE brain trust for laser engraving! I have learned so much from these guys and they will become good friends as well as good teachers.

There is a generosity and community spirit here that just can't be beat.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Keith

Welcome. I'm sure it won't be long before you'll be contributing some great ideas. In the meantime,good questions are contributions too.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7