Thread: Dewalt DC351KL 28 Volt Cordless Track Saw w/track

Dewalt DC351KL 28 Volt Cordless Track Saw w/track

I am in the market for a track saw and was looking for opinions on the Dewalt DC351KL 28 Volt Cordless Track Saw w/track. I believe it comes with a 59" track. I found it on eBay for $375 plus free shippng. It is a new saw not used. I would appreciate feedback on the saw itself and corded versus battery.

charlie

Woodworkers Supply had a great July 4th sale on the cordless version with 59 inch rail for less than $300. On top of that there may be a $50 rebate. I got the saw and rail, no rebate yet. I expect that a few of these will show up on Ebay and Craig's list. I'd say that the seller asking $375 is being fair ... not greedy at all.

I have owned the Festool TS-55 for a couple of years, and the DeWalt for only a couple of weeks. My first impression is that the DeWalt will probably be my goto saw when cutting sheet goods. No cord and a rail that lets you cut on both sides are a plus for me. The Festool dust extractor hose fits the DeWalt just fine. I had an epiphany when (fortunately nobody was around) I realized that the reason there was so much sawdust flying around was because a cordless saw can't automatically trigger the Ct-22 . Once I turned it on, dust collection was excellent.

The DeWalt comes with a combination blade instead of a plywood blade, but the cuts in plywood were clean as can be.

Hey Charlie,
    Did you pull the trigger on the Dewalt cordless? If so, any regrets?

I'm looking at the same saw, but concerned with the power vs the corded version.

DC351KL does not come with a track - just making sure that is clear. Price is great though even if you have to buy a track.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Tools-plus has the saw for $240 and the rail for $80, shipping $6.50.

Thanks Will, just ordered one. I wished I had caught the WW Supply deal but didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Thanks Will, just ordered one. I wished I had caught the WW Supply deal but didn't.
    Don't fret. When WW Supply sold them the 2 pieces were listed separately on the receipt. The box the saw came in had the part # for the saw, not a kit. However, at least 4 people (including me) sent in the rebate form selecting "DC351SKL", the original receipts and the UPC codes from both boxes. DeWalt accepted that as buying the kit. In spite of their "allow 12 weeks", I had my check in hand 11 days after dropping the rebate in the mail.

http://woodworker.com/pdf/TRACKSAW_MIR_FORM.pdf
    Last edited by Will Overton; 08-28-2010 at 8:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    Don't fret. When WW Supply sold them the 2 pieces were listed separately on the receipt. The box the saw came in had the part # for the saw, not a kit. However, at least 4 people (including me) sent in the rebate form selecting "DC351SKL", the original receipts and the UPC codes from both boxes. DeWalt accepted that as buying the kit. In spite of their "allow 12 weeks", I had my check in hand 11 days after dropping the rebate in the mail.

http://woodworker.com/pdf/TRACKSAW_MIR_FORM.pdf

Good to know, thanks again!