Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How hot is it where you are?

I thought this was funny. This happened just 10 minutes ago, and I just had to take a picture and post it.

We live out in the middle of nowhere, with a driveway that is 1/4 mile long....and here comes the ice cream truck and my girls come screaming, "Daddy daddy...the ice cream truck!!...can we get some ice cream!!!!?"
    DSC_0017-1.jpg

I coulda sworn that it was all of a sudden 10 years ago..and my girls were 5 years old again.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hart View Post
    Right now...about 76...a little breeze...sun setting into a partly cloudy reddish sky

Birds chirping...pheasant crowing...guinea hen cackling. All in all....a pretty good day.
    YOU SUCK! See additonal thread about appropriateness of gloats. This surely is one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Reals View Post
    It got up to 85 today butt now it is 80 in the shade with a very nice breeze blowing through the house. Nice sleeping tonight.
    Is the rest of you in the shade, too. (Sorry, i couldn't help it.)

Blog Entries
    I left a butane ciagerette lighter on the console of my truck yesterday and it exploded (thankfully I wasn't in the truck). Don't care what Mythbusters say, it happened to me.

103 with a heat index around 110. We are in the middle of paving season, so we are standing on top of and beside asphalt that is 300+ degrees on its own. Factor in the humidity, plus the rollers going back and forth, with water spraying on the roller drums and turning to steam instantly and no wind, and very little shade, and you get a really pleasant combination. Now do this for 11 - 12 hours a day, all week for several weeks on end, and you could say that we are baked, boiled, poached, roasted and fried, all at the same time.

Have a nice day.
    Colin
    Where's the beef.

Yeah, It's hot here too. All the way up to 78 today, expected to break 80 tomorrow. Chance of rain. Does anyone want to compare snow total's with me ? We generally get in excess of 250 " of snow a season. I've got a 6' snow blower on the front of my tractor to take care of it.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Walls View Post
    Yeah, It's hot here too. All the way up to 78 today, expected to break 80 tomorrow. Chance of rain. Does anyone want to compare snow total's with me ? We generally get in excess of 250 " of snow a season. I've got a 6' snow blower on the front of my tractor to take care of it.

Chris

This snow stuff you speak of... its the white cold stuff isn't it? Sometimes I see it in the far off distance on the very top of mountains.

It's so hot...

It's so hot I saw a tree and a fireplug fighting over a dog!

For the last 3 weeks it's been around 85 for a high and high 60s at night. Coolest summer since we moved here from S. AZ 14 years ago.
    Monsoon season is here and we love it!
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

11:08 PM here in Mid Michigan and it is 52 degrees out. The coolest it has been in more than a month.
    David B

Blimey, it's hot in here, Bruce.
    Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum!
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Alastair Cook did a TV series some time back called "America". It was a view of America through the eyes of an Englishman.

He remarked in the series that his favorite newspaper headline was from a San Francisco paper that said, "Seventy Again Tomorrow - No Relief in Sight."

That's the kind of weather I want. I hate hot weather.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Here is Cincinnati the forecast has us at 99-100 next week
    If you never experienced the humidity in Cincinnati you can't understand how bad it can be.
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 08-07-2010 at 1:48 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

People die in San Francisco when the temp reaches the 90's. Back in the 80's I covered the Giants games at Candlestick, if I didn't wear thermal long johns and a heavy coat I would have suffered with hypothermia. Mark Twain was right when he wrote "the coldest Winter I have ever experienced was Summer in San Francisco". May not be his exact words but the meaning is there.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    People die in San Francisco when the temp reaches the 90's. Back in the 80's I covered the Giants games at Candlestick, if I didn't wear thermal long johns and a heavy coat I would have suffered with hypothermia. Mark Twain was right when he wrote "the coldest Winter I have ever experienced was Summer in San Francisco". May not be his exact words but the meaning is there.
    Growing up in Oakland I loved the weather.It gave me a million laughs watching the tourists freeze their butt off in July. The hottest time of the year was always September just after school went back.
    It's 64 on my back porch.
    Charlie
    Oh, by the way David, 90 on Market street with the humidity is not fun