Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Placed order for my new G1023

Just Placed order for my new G1023

Grizzly is telling me that it has an expected delivery date of the September 24 so hopefully a few of them get out there and get used so I can get some opinions on it.

Blog Entries
    I've had mine (1023SL) since Oct of 2003 and use it several times a week. No regrets at all and it runs as well today as when I took delivery.

I was reading that there were a few concerns about the new trunion design with riving knife since it is untested but I guess we will find out.

I just got the call from Grizzly saying that my saw is on the truck and I should get it in 3 to 5 days. As stupid as this sounds I was told that I had to wait till the end of September to get it and I could live with that but now if it doesn't come on Friday and I have to wait till Monday I am going to crazy over the weekend.

Keith, isn't it funny how that works/

Congrats on the new saw..............Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by keith micinski View Post
    I just got the call from Grizzly saying that my saw is on the truck and I should get it in 3 to 5 days. As stupid as this sounds I was told that I had to wait till the end of September to get it and I could live with that but now if it doesn't come on Friday and I have to wait till Monday I am going to crazy over the weekend.
    To clear up what you were told... The saw will get there Friday but you CAN'T use it until the end of September. So that means you can look at it but you can't do anything with it until the end of September.

Now that would be a real killer....

Congrats on the new saw. I loved my 1023SL, the only reason I moved up to the SawStop was safety.

Now I just have to figure out a way to get it out of the back of my truck. I am having it shipped to my work where I have a forklift so I can load it easily into the truck. I am thinking about renting a motor lift.

My understanding is that the saws are shipping now, but the arbor nuts won't be in until September 24.

Post some pics when you get it set up!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Congrats!!! I know I really couldn't use my G0691 until I got the mobile base built for it. It seemed to take for ever....wait a minute, it did take me forever. I to am anxious to see some real life pictures and how you like it. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Now I just have to figure out a way to get it out of the back of my truck. I am having it shipped to my work where I have a forklift so I can load it easily into the truck. I am thinking about renting a motor lift.
    i put mine on a small trailer and two of us muscled it onto a flat dolly, rolled it off the ramp into the shop. PITA, but it got there!

I am seriously jealous!!!!!!! I ordered the saw back in January. I live near the Grizzly headquarters and you get a saw with one phone call.

Congrats, Keith it's great saw. I've had mine for 7+ years now. I've been very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Helm View Post
    I am seriously jealous!!!!!!! I ordered the saw back in January. I live near the Grizzly headquarters and you get a saw with one phone call.

OH!! Was that supposed to be your's??? Might be worth a call to see what's up. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

OK we need pictures and reviews oif this mythical saw! The 1023/690 choice is gonna be harder for people since the 1023 will again be available.