Thread: wooden pen holder

wooden pen holder

good evenin everyone - I just found this forum recently and wanted to introduce myself with a picture of one of my latest projects. I do quite a bit of turning, particularly pens. I saw one of these someone else had made and really like the arc design. Mine is out of curly maple and cherry, some stock I had on hand. I learned one thing, the little divits in the base need to be offset from the holes in the top so the pens will lean back a bit. Being captured in the holes, I didn't think it would matter but it would work and look better if they lean back.
    Anyway, I am enjoying the forum and thanks for looking at my latest project.

Jim -

Welcome to the Creek. A great place to hang out and exchange ideas and life's experiences.

Have you ventured over to the Freedom Pens forum here at the Creek yet? You might be interested in the items discussed there.

Welcome,
    Ted

Oooops!

Obiviously, I don't know how to upload a photo file. I went to attachment, uploaded the file then hit submit post. I wanted to hit preview but missed. Any suggestions as to what I did wrong?