Thread: Which Chinese Laser Engraver?

Which Chinese Laser Engraver?

To all owners of Chinese laser..... I'm going into wood and stone engraving and is looking for a reliable chinese made laser machine.

Please rate your experience with the services provided by the manufacturer, the usability of the software and the quality of the machines, in rating of 1-5.

Company:
    1) After sales service : 1-5
    2) Usability of software : 1-5
    3) Quality of Hardware and accessaories: 1-5

Thank you

Stone engraving on chinese laser ? Do you have experience in polishing??

I really don't think you will get much of a score regarding manufacturer's on this one Eric.
    The after sales etc. is really all down to the supplier / retailer, which is why (if you are going to buy a Chinese made laser) it is always wise to buy from a reputable dealer in your own country who can provide the service / backup / repairs as necessary. If you go direct to the manufacturer's in China and happen to pick the wrong one, you could be disappointed big time.

Paul.

4. I purchased one From Jamieson Laser. I did take advantage of the free training they offer.

The first one gave me some trouble but Jamieson replaced it with no problems at all. I would give them a very high recommendation.

The software does take some getting used to (so does Corel). I consider the one I have as an entry level machine as it does have some limitations.

Overall I have been happy with my mine and the warranty it came with. But please keep this in mind, I use it out of my home on a periodic basis and I am not surviving only on what do with it. For my needs it fit.
    "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!" -- Arthur Carlson

Jamieson MT-530

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Voroncov View Post
    Stone engraving on chinese laser ? Do you have experience in polishing??
    We have polished stones and polished bamboos, wood in our vicinity. So I think that's a plus for us.

Quote Originally Posted by paul mott View Post
    I really don't think you will get much of a score regarding manufacturer's on this one Eric.
    The after sales etc. is really all down to the supplier / retailer, which is why (if you are going to buy a Chinese made laser) it is always wise to buy from a reputable dealer in your own country who can provide the service / backup / repairs as necessary. If you go direct to the manufacturer's in China and happen to pick the wrong one, you could be disappointed big time.

Paul.
    I've thought of getting from the dealers here but none is selling China made lasers. We have lasers from Spain, US, Germany, Taiwan but not China. Price is the issue, China made are much affordable for us, at least at this point in time.

But looking that the CHina made, there's just too many brands and make. So I hope owners of Chinese made lasers can share their experience with their lasers.

Btw we're located in Thailand.

Even you are from Thailand - I HIGHLY RECCOMEND TO YOU GCC, Epilog, Trotec or ULS

I mean polishing in case if your chinese laser will stop on half way which is very usual, how you will polish stone for new engraving?

I'm very happy with my older Epilog. Purchased it used for less than the Chinese new machine. Epilog has been EXTREMELY supportive even though I did not purchase from them, and I can replace any part overnight if the need arises.

Eric,

Chinese made laser machines are indeed available in Thailand. I had been looking into this myself as I will soon be moving there from UK and was deliberating selling my Rabbit Laser here and buying a new one in Thailand.

Here's one company I found

http://www.alibaba.com/product/th110...g_Machine.html
    LaserScript 9060 SE 60W - LaserCut 5.1,
    PhotoImpact X3, CorelDraw 12, PhotoGrav, Adobe CS3

I was on eBay and saw all the Chinese laser engravers one company looked like a good company redsail lasers the price is about two thousand 50 watt has anyone found any luck on the cheap lasers from China, not interested in GCC lasers they are to expensive or Jamison or hflasers I want to buy direct from China and spend no more then two thousand, so that isn why I am asking if anyone bought a laser from China and they are having no problems. Thanks Peter

I bought my redsail x700 direct. A little trick, but I can provide you with a my brokers name if you want. They handle redsail lasers all the time. Keep in mind you will have to file a customs form about what the laser is. It could get flagged and stuck at customs. I got luck and mine was not checked. But I really like the redsail machine. I did not buy it off ebay. It was $2000, but after getting a second tube and few extras including import duties, shipping to my state the cost ended up being around $3300.

My second laser I did by off ebay, and did not have to go through customs as the seller buys them from china and has a warehouse here. After ordering it arrived in about 7 days. Final cost $2398. Small but less hassle.

Here is the kind of bought. Not from this seller. The build looks good, and it runs good. One thing I liked is that it has a rotary attachment.

eBay#200640422116
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 06-17-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Removed eBay link.

We have a Thunderlaser Mini60.

5 For After Sales - They even called me once the laser landed (to my mobile phone) to help me set it up
    5 For Software - The software they provide, works perfect, and has a Coreldraw X4 Macro for easy transition from one to the other.
    4 For Quality - I have used Epilogs at my old job, they are great, but you pay for the quality. My view is that you only pay a Percentage of the price to get one of these machine that do (pretty much) the same thing.

We have had our laser for two year next month.

We engrave everything possible and cut most available products.

I like my Triumph so far. I got the most frills-less bare bones-est, biggest laser I could reasonably fit in my garage. Cheap enough that I can buy 7 more and still spend less than one Trotec Speedy 300 would cost me. Guess you could call it a 'dixie cup' laser.

The limitations don't bother me much, but I'm pretty good at McGuivering up stuff. It paid for itself within 3 months so I'm smilin'. However, I'm not sure I'd recommend a zero frills machine to a new user.

I've had a couple of issues, mostly software related. One thing I didn't have to do was align mirrors. The beam dead centered every mirror and the lens virtually everywhere on the 51" x 35" table that I tested it.

I don't know of any other Triumph owners, and I've never even seen any other Chinese machine other than in pictures. Mine's only 7 months old and I don't use it all day every day, but so far so good...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

There aren't many Chinese actual manufacturers, (between 5 and 7 or so) the rest just bulk order and rebrand.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !