Thread: Advance Notice for October 2, 2010

Advance Notice for October 2, 2010

Maple Leaf Festival in downtown Hiawatha, Ks and Heritage Days at the Ag Museum on Saturday October 2, 2010 1000 to 1600. I will have me 19th Century Demo Shop set up in the Woodworking Shop, just south of the Blacksmith Shop. Fun for the whole family, and Free shuttle rides between the Downtown Square Activities and the Ag Museum Grounds. You are all welcome to come and play or just watch. If you want to play with my toys just let me know you are a member of SMC. I hope to see a few of you again this year.

Jr.

Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Thanks for the heads-up Harry, every year I think about going out to that but then forget all about it when the time comes.

I really wish I could be there...
    "History is strewn with the wrecks of nations which have gained a little progressiveness at the cost of a great deal of hard manliness, and have thus prepared themselves for destruction as soon as the movements of the world gave a chance for it." -Walter Bagehot

Hiawatha, KS. Holy Cow.

I lived there for 5 years, ending the summer after second grade. Betcha that town, and our house, look a lot smaller these days, eh?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Marked my calender. This will be a first time event for me. I will stop and say Howdy.

Sounds like a good time Jr.

Calendar is marked.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

One week to D (Demo) Day.
    Jr.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!

One person showed up at the demo, Rob Young, we had a good time. The weather was a bit chilly with the wind blowing, and the crowd was way down from prior years tho. I think all the living history and steam shows are down this year due to the economy collapse.
    Jr.