Thread: project picture forum

project picture forum

was wondering if others would like to see a project picture forum. Just a place were we can post pictures of compleated projects. That way when we are in a design slump we can go to that forum and get instant ideas and inspiration.

Picture Forum sounds great to me

I have lots of photos of my projects (in progress as well as finished) that I'd be willing to contribute.

Seems like a great idea from the outside, but I think it would really use up a lot of server space and that seems to be at a premium right now. Just my observations over the last year or so.

I would really like to see one, but would it really be feasable?
    Wood is Good!
    Greetings from The Green Mountain State!

Kurt

Server space is cheap since the price of hard drives has decreased in the last few years. Clock cycles are a bit more pricey since it takes a lot of CPU power to serve files to hundreds of people at the same time. The big ticket is commercial Band-Width, the monthly fee in our area is right at $1200.00 per month for a T-1 line (1.544 MBPS) and the local loop fee for the circuit which is where you would have to start if you wanted to serve a picture type of forum.

Aaron could easilly extract all of the pictures from our database, create thumbnails and automatically process web pages on our server. Finding financial support is the hard part