Thread: DeWalt 621 Router -- Base plate

Question DeWalt 621 Router -- Base plate

Help me find the site where you could purchase a round adapter plater for the base of the DeWalt 621 router (the exisitng OEM is rectangular).

I know it's out there but where????

Try this http://www.patwarner.com/round_subbase.html
    I have Pat Warner subbases for my Bosch. They're nice.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by JayStPeter
    Try this http://www.patwarner.com/round_subbase.html
    I have Pat Warner subbases for my Bosch. They're nice.

Jay

Agree with Jay. I got Pat's bases for my Bosch and I will be getting 2 more when I get my Bosch combo. Top Quality product and even better service

Good Luck

I replaced the base on my 621 with one of Pat Warners, it's much more stable. Very fast service as well.

I've also got one of Pat Warner's round bases for my DW621. It's very nicely made and adds a great deal to the stability to the router.

I have only one problem with it. While the hole appears to be centered in the plate--he says it is and I trust him--the router bit isn't centered in the hole. I asked him about it and he put it down to differences in manufacturing of the router's base and was otherwise unsympathetic.

His review of the of the DW621 and his page on the round plates might lead one to think the cutter would be centered relative to the edge of the plate. He doesn't actually say that, however.

When I want to guide along a fence clamped to the work, I find I prefer to use the acrylic Bench Dog insert from my router table. It gives me a nice long straight edge to run along a fence.

If using Mr. Warner's round base, I would suggest that you put a reference mark on the edge of the plate and keep it aligned with the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards
    I've also got one of Pat Warner's round bases for my DW621. It's very nicely made and adds a great deal to the stability to the router.

I have only one problem with it. While the hole appears to be centered in the plate--he says it is and I trust him--the router bit isn't centered in the hole. I asked him about it and he put it down to differences in manufacturing of the router's base and was otherwise unsympathetic.

His review of the of the DW621 and his page on the round plates might lead one to think the cutter would be centered relative to the edge of the plate. He doesn't actually say that, however.

When I want to guide along a fence clamped to the work, I find I prefer to use the acrylic Bench Dog insert from my router table. It gives me a nice long straight edge to run along a fence.

If using Mr. Warner's round base, I would suggest that you put a reference mark on the edge of the plate and keep it aligned with the guide.
    I have a couple of bases from Pat for the 621...and I agree...the bit isn't quite centered on the base. But it's closer with his base than it is with the DeWalt base. I think the 621 is a fine router, and if mine died today I'd replace it tomorrow with another one...but the design of the base sucks.

KC