Thread: Fighting new printer

Fighting new printer

I bought a new Ricoh 3300 and I can't get the banding problem fixed.
    Johnson's has been good, replaced the printer, problem still there.
    Saw Grass sent new ink, problem still there. Adjusted printer setting, artwork.....I'm ready to give it back and forget about it for now.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

On all colors, certain colors? Can you see if in the print or not under it's pressed?

What type of file, vector or a bitmap? All files? Certain files?

I have the same printer, but I've not see any hint of banding at all. I'm looking at a photograph I did on a coaster right now and it's just perfect.

What driver are you using? ICC profile?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Just black,
    Both Vector and Bitmap.
    Using the power driver, tried all settings.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

I'll PM you, send me the file and substrate you're working with and I'll press it and see what I get.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Scott,
    I can just make a big black square and the sheet will have lines in it.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

On the print itself?

Yep on the paper. And of course on the metal too.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Here's a square, just done. I have a completely different setup though, so I'm not using the Sawgrass driver. I bought it from Conde and put their driver on. They also have an ICC profile that's installed too. There are many things that need to be done to make it all right, using the printer profile (ICC).
    Attached Images Attached Images