Thread: Waterlox marine finish - can it be wiped on?

Waterlox marine finish - can it be wiped on?

I have a quart that I did not use for another outdoor project, and would like to use this on a small folding chair (white pine) I built for my daughter. Since the total area to be finished is pretty small, I'd rather not spend the time cleaning brushes. Can this product be wiped on (I assume I will need a few more layers if I wipe rather than use a brush)? I'm a newbie at this, so any advice would be appreciated. is there a preferred material to be used to wipe on this finish? Thanks ...

Sure pour some out of the can mix it 50/50 with mineral spiritsa and wipe it on.

Make sure you displace the air in the can, with BLOXYGEN or CO2 or it will turn to gel and be no good.
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

Thanks much.

It typically takes about 3 wiped on coats to endup with an equivalent film thickness as 1 brushed on coat.