Thread: Question about Chainsaw Chaps ($20 on sale at Sears)

Question about Chainsaw Chaps ($20 on sale at Sears)

Hey guys,

I only do light chainsaw work, a limb here and there, maybe a longer session once or twice a year depending on the weather (storms), and if I have found much turning stock, etc... Anyway, I was at Sears today and they had a pair of chaps on clearance for $20, regularly $50. I've not used them in the past but was wondering if they are worth it for a hobbiest user. They seem heavy enough with good strong padding in front. Our Sears had about 4 pairs, and they have been marking them down a little at a time since June, so not a hot item. So do you guys use chaps, are the Sears chaps any good?

Thanks as always - John

Great price...and yes, they are worth it. They will not keep you from getting hurt, but they can mitigate the damage if the chain hits your leg accidentally due to the way they "tangle up" the chain and stop it fast.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Get the chaps

For $20, I'd buy the chaps (mainly for some protection). A few years back, after a long day of cutting, I relaxed and let the running Stihl chainsaw pivot directly onto my resting thigh, Fortunately, I was wearing extra heavy jeans and my chain was ,at the time, very loose. It stopped but it could have a terrible gash. I'd get that cheap insurance for $20 and save/protect your legs, Agree w Jim, there are many other possible mishaps that the chaps will help protect.
    Jerry