Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help decide - Laguna or Grizzly BS

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clark View Post
    As I understand it, both the Laguna LT14 SUV and the Grizzly G0514X2 are made in Taiwan. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia View Post
    The Grizzly is made in Taiwan and I believe that the Laguna is made in China.

Also, actual G0514X2 owners could chime in - there are lots of them on Sawmill Creek.

From my understanding, the Lower End Lagunas are made in Belgium, whereas the higher tier are made in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Logana View Post
    From my understanding, the Lower End Lagunas are made in Belgium, whereas the higher tier are made in Italy.

Some of the lower end ones are also made in China, now. I have a Belgium one, and it is very nice (better fit and finish than any Taiwan-made tool I have).

Anyhow - Greg, don't overlook the value of the Laguna ceramic guides. They really are impressive. Unless the extra throat capacity is really that important to you, the guides alone would be enough to make the decision for me.

(pardon this conflicting with the thread direction) I'm in Ireland guys, but there's actually an option to buy a not very used Aggazzani around right now - an NRA 600. (24in) He's asking more than my budget, but it's getting towards time to do some arm wrestling.

Signs are that they are very well made. My only real reservation apart from the cost (plus i'd have to buy a phase converter to run it as it's 3phase) is that it has a 3hp motor and i'm not sure that's enough to resaw with a carbide blade....

ian
    Last edited by ian maybury; 08-18-2010 at 7:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Logana View Post

They have three different "sources" for Laguna saws.

The larger (18" and above) upper end saws are made in Italy.

The smaller upper level saws are made in Bulgaria.

The 3000 series and the SUV are made in Asia.

Every one of their saws are solid compared to saws in their price range.

Thank you to everyone who responded. This is a great forum.

I'm still undecided, but still leaning towards the Grizzly. The larger table and 5" additional throat capacity just look too good to pass up. I've spent a lot of time studying the pictures of each of these saws, and they both look like they are very well made. I think the Laguna shows a bit higher quality in the metal work and pieces of the saw, but not enough to offset the bigger size of the Grizzly.

I'll come back with pictures once I get one of these saws.

Greg