Thread: How Liberon ages

How Liberon ages

I’m building a wall to wall library bookshelf with two slant front desks built in. I’m for sure using fiddle back maple veneer in a frame and panel desk fronts. I decided that I would color the veneer with whatever makes the dramatic figure of the maple veneer show the best. At this point, it’s either straight Liberon or a brown dye with liberon. I’m now trying to determine what I want to make the rest of it out of. I’ve narrowed it down to all maple, cherry, walnut or mahogany. I’m talking about the shelves, rails an styles etc. I’ve been experimenting with different dyes and finishes on the maple veneer, with straight Liberon on all the other pieces, my shop looks like a sample store with over 25 samples in various stages of finishing. What I’ve come down to is either liberon furniture oil with the cherry (no color added to the maple), or a light brown dye with liberon and walnut or cherry. During the testing they both look great. What I’m wondering is how the Liberon will age, primarily on the fiddle back maple veneer. Will it yellow? Get darker? I know the cherry will darken with age and am OK with that.
    I’m hoping this project will be a masterpiece and would appreciate any wisdom any of you might have.

Which Liberon? That is a brand name for a fairly wide range of products--including steel wool.

how Liberon ages

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schoene View Post
    Which Liberon? That is a brand name for a fairly wide range of products--including steel wool.
    It's Liberon Finishing Oil