Thread: Some assembly required; batteries not included!

Some assembly required; batteries not included!

Just a progress report on installation of my new G1023RLX. Spent most of the afternoon putting it together. Still more to do but remunerative work gets in the way. Here are the current photos.
    002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Looking good!

It's a little hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like the new 1023 still has the giant cursor bubble on the fence! Correct me if I'm wrong. That was the only issue I had with the older model--the apparent hairline position would change if you moved your head around. I considered taping a plumb bob on my nose, so it would read accurately every time, but instead I threw it away and replaced it:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...23&postcount=7

Happy sawing!

-Steve
    Last edited by Steve Griffin; 08-18-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Griffin View Post
    Looking good!

It's a little hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like the new 1023 still has the giant cursor bubble on the fence! Correct me if I'm wrong. That was the only issue I had with the older model--the apparent hairline position would change if you moved your head around. I considered taping a plumb bob on my nose, so it would read accurately every time, but instead I threw it away and replaced it:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost...23&postcount=7

Happy sawing!

-Steve
    Yes it does have the bubble. It's the Shopfox Classic fence that comes with the saw.

David,
    Are you happy with your choice so far? How you rate it against your Jet?
    Cary

Nice looking saw David.

(Is it just me that cringes when I see bolts/nuts/washers/tools on top of a virgin cast iron table?)

Cary, I haven't yet run the saw so I don't know how they compare. In terms of installation, they are about the same. I'm sure the dust collection will be better than the Jet because that was my only complaint about the Jet.

Mike, not to worry about the bolts and nuts. No one comes near the area besides me and I am very aware and careful.