Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall Turning Contest 2010!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lanier View Post
    Praise the Lord, Hallelujah and any other exclamatory phrases... I am done!
    Wow, you should win something just for being so fast!

Yikes! I better get moving. Takes me almost that much time for the finish. What a great list of prizes too. Thanks to all who conributed.

I want to thank the sponsors and the mods for making this little competition a reality. I also want to encourage everyone who has not yet entered to do so. There are only 5 days left to enter(if I read the directions correctly), and I really hope to see more entries! There have been some great pieces posted so far, but I know that this group is large enough and talented enough to provide more. If you are reading this, you should be in the shop!

Likewise, thank you sponsors!!

I too wanted to extend thanks to the prize sponsors and our moderators for putting this together. This really raises the bar for the group as a whole.

I'm glad to see a few more entries in...and I suspect there are many out there waiting to put final touches on what looks to be a very nice and diverse set of final entries.

I know personally I'm getting kinda excited with the end approaching!

Now, c'mon all...don't wait till the last minute to enter that killer piece you've been holding on to.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

I want to thank all of the vendors and note that it was particularly difficult to select a category as all of the prizes are quite enticing.
    G
    Change One Thing

Yes, thank you to everyone involved in this contest. Both the vendors and the moderators. This is quite a contest and we sure have some awesome entries so far.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Contest posting help

Good Morning, I need a little help. I have never posted to SMC (except this one) and I would like to post an entry for the turning contest. The threads for the individual catagories are"closed". Where do I post an entry?

Thanks

Paul, much of this is covered in the rules, but since you are not fully familiar with posting, you would start a new thread by clicking the New Thread button at the top left of the Turners Forum, and entitle it as noted in the rules -
    Each participant shall entitle their entry thread - SMC Fall Turning Contest 2010 (category) – “name.” Example: SMC Fall Turning Contest 2010 (Bowl) – Fred Woodchuck.

Make sure your thread has all the pertinent information you want known about your entry, such as type of wood, dimensions, finish, etc..

Then, notify by PM, both Steve and me - one of us will merge your thread into the locked sticky thread that contains all of the entries.