Thread: Table Saw Router Wing Extension Pictures

Table Saw Router Wing Extension Pictures

So, for several years this table saw wing extension worked very well. I've recently upgraded from the Ridgid contractor saw to a 3HP cabinet saw. I sold the router table extension with the Ridgid. A picture of that setup and my son working on a picture frame is attached.

I simply used 3/4" melamine coated plywood for this one. But I've upgraded the router system to a Jessem Master-lift and PC7518 motor. This will be a good bit heavier. Would like to see pictures of your router table extension wings for good thought as I begin building the next one.

The shop has some space, but the table saw wing has been very convenient. Notice that the DC to the table saw and router is flexible so that it can be moved out of the way for wide sheets on the TS and to fully utilize the router table when needed.

Let me know your thoughts on the build strength and if you have some of your favorite router table wing extension pictures, please share.

Thanks all! Justin

Last edited by Justin Dreier; 08-19-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Hoping you get some good replies as I'd like to see photos as well. I'm still in the middle of trying to decide if I want to build one, buy a cast iron one, or buy a melamine/MDF one.

Here's a post from last november with no photos but perhaps a few suggestions. Though I am asking about a contractors saw and not the big-boy saw you have now:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1260051

I just bought the material yesterday to build a router extension table for my table saw. I settled on 1 1/8" HDO plywood. HDO is a resin coated ply that's used for concrete forms. Its low friction and fairly durable. A 2' x 8' sheet cost $40 from my local concrete supplier and I'll have plenty left over after building the top and the fence.

Here is a link to the manufacturer of the HDO http://www.olypanel.com/concreteForm/

I'll post pics when I get it done.