Thread: Bench Dog lift question

Bench Dog lift question

Recently I acquired a used Bench Dog ProLift. I noticed it was missing the height adjustment lock knob, so I picked one up (5/16-18 thread)

I went to install it, and low and behold I cant find the hole for the knob!

Im not 100% sure which model it is, but its older and came with METAL inserts instead of plastic, so I was assuming it was the 40-016 model. Checking the manual for it on Bench Dogs site it looks like there should be a hole for the knob in the bronze bushing around the acme threaded lift screw. I dont see a hole there.

So my real question is, did they ever make a version without a height locking knob? Or maybe Im just completely missing where it should go.

Thanks.

-Chris
    The worst part about mistakes is that you have to make them before you can learn from them.

I bought mine in November 2007 and the photo shows the locking knob -- brass collar on the Acme screw. Model is 40-016 if that helps. To be honest, I rarely remember to use the locking knob and no slips to ruin a cut yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Same here, my locking bolt is in the same place, and I have honestly never used it. I really like the bench dog lift.

Thanks.

Whats interesting is that the manual for the 40-016 in one place shows it on the brass collar, and later on in the manual shows it on the casing portion.

I was looking for it on the collar, didnt try to find it on the casing.

Ive used the lift while running a lock miter bit and it didnt budge at all. Just figured I wanted to have the knob there just in case.

I dont have a sticker on the underside of mine, so I dont know of a way to figure out what model it is. I was just going by what Ive seen on the net (40-016 later replaced by 40-150........but Ive never seen references to a model other than those two)
    The worst part about mistakes is that you have to make them before you can learn from them.

Here's mine, bought it about 3 years ago. The only time I use the lock is when I'm using a large diameter cutter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney