Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Just Watched The 2nd Worst Movie EVER

I Just Watched The 2nd Worst Movie EVER

Okay, so I'm a sucker for Horror Flicks. Okay, maybe I'm a sucker for any SciFi or Horror flick. Okay, we'll stretch it even further to Comedy. And I've discoverd some sleepers over the years. But I JUST got done watching the 2nd worse movie EVER!!!!!!!!

Troll 2. Yeah, 2! Actually, I bought the Troll/Troll 2 DVD years ago, and just got to watching Troll last week. It was a predictable 80's flick with some big names. Enjoyable enough to watch. Hey, it was late at night, and I had it...what do you want.

So, tonight, the wife headed off to bed early and I thought I would sit down with Troll 2 and a margarita. I should have had 4! Margaritas, not Troll movies. This had some of the WORST acting, WORST plot, WORST cosumes, WORST special (if you can call them special) effects, WORST directing, WORST dialog I've EVER seen. It was like a train wreck...I HAD to keep watching.

Ugh...a wasted evening.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I got stuck on a transpacific flight and the movies they had were The Princess Diaries I&II. GAH!! The WORST movies ever made.

Next time you want to waste a couple hours of your life check out:

"The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Crazy Mixed Up Zombies". <-- By far the worst ever made. Just MHO.

Ray Dennis Steckler - who made the film has a "cult" following though so there's no accounting for individual tastes.

Years ago Lost In Space, my vote for number 1 worst.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

The Toxic Avenger must be up there for one of the worst movies ever made..IMO.

Won't be long and the above mentioned flicks will be cult classics. Remember The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?
    David B

Johnny Mnemonic gets my vote ("Hit me!") - sorry, Keanu.
    The problem with education in the School of Hard Knocks is that by the time you're educated, you're too old to do anything.

Plan 9 from Outer Space was voted the worse ever movie made.
    Bela Lugosi was in it, but died 2 years before release. They had a stand-in finish the movie, and hid his face with the cape.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Plan 9 from Outer Space was voted the worse ever movie made.
    Bela Lugosi was in it, but died 2 years before release. They had a stand-in finish the movie, and hid his face with the cape.
    Actually it was the Ed Woods (the filmmaker)'s chiropractor that stood in for Lugosi(who was only in it because of unrelated clips), and the chiropractor was a foot taller Ed wood made a number of real stinkers. They even made a movie about 'him' that was pretty bad too..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

If you are talking about the one with Heather, NOOOOOOO! It wasn't THAT bad...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    Ever seen War of the Worlds? No, not the original, or even the Tom Cruise one... the one made in 2005 with Jake Busey. I never thought a movie could bore me in such a short period of time... the acting was, well, it wasn't acting. Amazing when even the B- and C-list actors phone in their "performances"...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

There was a piece about this movie on NPR a few weeks ago. Apparently there is a whole coterie of devotees dedicated to honoring the "best worst movie" and there has been a documentary made about it. As I recall it (Troll 2) was filmed here in Utah.

*disclaimer: I have never actually seen the movie.

Tetsuo - The Iron Man

That movie is in a completely different league of bad. There are others that make even Tetsuo look like a masterpiece.

Anaconda has my vote. But there are a lot of really terrible flicks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wintle View Post
    The Toxic Avenger must be up there for one of the worst movies ever made..IMO.
    Dude! Best Movie Ever....

After "Surf Nazis Must Die" (real title!) of course.
    Last edited by paul cottingham; 08-22-2010 at 8:43 PM.
    Paul