Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1-Touch Laser Photo Issues (NEED HELP)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ireland View Post
    The image created in 1 Touch can be saved and then imported into a software program such as CorelDraw and then printed to any laser from there.
    Keys words there are "can be". How well it works is another matter: the results I got when I tried that were unsatisfactory, although with completely different symptoms to the ones seen here.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Lee,

I actually called and spoke with a ULS software tech and was told that the version that is available for the 30 day free trial along with the newest version is compatible with multiple engraver brands. Maybe things hav just changed and they realized how much money they were losing from people who wanted their software but did not have their machines... yet. One of the problems I think I am facing here is that my machine is now far beyond the point of being in the technologically advanced state compared to the newer machines available. The software was designed to work with newer machines and firmware and I am beginning to believe that without breaking down to buy a new ULS machine this software just wont work out. Now, don't get me wrong, the software rocks and I have had the opportunity to use it on the newest of the ULS systems available and the quality is phenominal but I just don't have that kind of money laying around to buy into one.

Mike,

Thank you for the input. I have already checked the bearings and there doesn't seem to be any problems there. The belts are brand new (within the month). As for saving the image from the 1-Touch software to somewhere then importing into Corel, that's actually what I've been doing this whole time now. After filtering the image in the software, I save it to the desktop and import it into Corel Draw for printing. Right now I am trying Corel Photo Paint again to see if I missed anything in there that may be helpful but so far, to no avail.

Joshua,
    You know Epilog has this new software called Photolaser Plus that they developed with Cadlink. Just a thought, you might want to check into it. I think its around $500 bucks. You may have already looked at it, if so then fine, here is the link to Epilog's site that describes it http://www.epiloglaser.com/news_plp.htm
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Larry,

I have indeed heard about the PhotoLaser Plus software and in fact, I have a meeting with an Epilog rep Monday to discuss a trial of the software until I can sort these issues out. So far though, everyone I have spoken with about the software says that it's just another photoshop like software. The true reason why I like the 1-touch so much is because of it's simplicity. I am looking for a software that I can use that I do not have to spend any serious amount of time using or having to "dither" the images manually. I am pressed for time and need a relief from that. If all else fails I will continue to go the route I am on and deal with it

Dan,

Dan,

So I think that you're getting close to the problem there. I just got off the phone with a Universal software tech who said that because the firmware in my equipment is older than the software, and because the software was designed based on the ltest model engravers , that the software is creating the dithering effects then the engraver is only capable of inturpreting the data so well leaving an aliasing pattern on the material just as you see it in coreldraw when you pan in and out of the image. Basically the computer in the engraver is not powerful enough to compensate for this. Unfortunately if this is the case, there is nothing I can do about it because I just can't afford a new machine. I am taking the CAD files to a friend who has a new Epilog engraver and am going to have him run the image that I have filtered with the software. If the final product does not have the aliasing issue then it is without a doubt my equipment.

I will post as soon as I find out

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Hopper View Post
    Larry,

I have indeed heard about the PhotoLaser Plus software and in fact, I have a meeting with an Epilog rep Monday to discuss a trial of the software until I can sort these issues out. So far though, everyone I have spoken with about the software says that it's just another photoshop like software. The true reason why I like the 1-touch so much is because of it's simplicity. I am looking for a software that I can use that I do not have to spend any serious amount of time using or having to "dither" the images manually. I am pressed for time and need a relief from that. If all else fails I will continue to go the route I am on and deal with it
    Well give us a report on it. In looking at the video, it looked very much like modified Engravelab by Cadlink. I owned that software once to use with a rotary engraver. I wasn't real keen on that product and ended up selling it with the engraver.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation