Hi all, I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time, however this is my first post. I bought a Rockwell 314 trim saw about 2 years ago and have put it through a good amount of projects. Today, I was using the saw and wasn't able to push a good condition Diablo blade through 1/4" luaun! I knew something was terribly wrong so I started by checking the motor brushes, with both have at least 3/8" left on them. I usually vacuum all dust and debris off of the saw after heavy use, even use a toothbrush to clean the recesses around where it meets with the shoe. Anyhow, without thinking about what I might encounter, I disassembled the saw by removing the main body from the base plate, and removed the front half from the worm/motor portion. Sure enough it had a good amount of sheetrock dust around the armature and windings. I used a blow gun and a lot of air to thoroughly remove all dust and debris. At that time, I removed the guard assembly from the motor assembly and continued cleaning. Upon trying to piece it back together, I encountered the big UH OH! I can't seem to get the worm and gear to fully mesh. I can turn the worm by moving the fan blade and it will spin the arbor, but I can't seat the guard assembly far enough to replace the 3 screws that attach the assembly to the housing. Is this a press fit application or is there a procedure to mate the worm and gear fully so I can tighten the guard/arbor/worm gear assembly to the body? Thanks for reading, Darius