Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Garage Shop

i only wish i had half of a 3 car garage to use

your well setup shop makes my 12x12 converted shed look pretty small

Nice shop!

I'd understand using 1/3 of a three car garage (so there is still room for two cars). And I'd understand 2/3 of a three car garage (room for one car).

But why 1/2? Why not just stretch to 2/3?

very nice - lots of light.

LOL, leave it to Phil Thien to think like an engineer! "That glass in not half full or half empty! The glass is over-engineered by 100%!"
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Olver View Post
    Nice shop Gordon! The DC system is especially impressive. Love the pics!

Someone should start a "Let's see your shop!" thread to have a collection of all the different shops. I'm always looking at others' shops for ideas to improve my own.... and to oggle the equipment.

C
    Thanks Clint, I worked hard on the install of my DC system and take that as a definite compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Christ View Post
    I think you are a shoe-in for the cleanest shop award.

Very nice - thanks for sharing.
    Thank you very much Shawn. Course a lot of the credit goes to my wife as I know she would be sorely disappointed if I let the shop get too cluttered and dirty. A happy wife is a blessing in the home.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Blog Entries
    Gordon (or anyone else) I am really stumped. Gordon you shop is great - and I am in real trouble in my situation. Need help. I have read everthing but still no certain what to do in my space. Confused I guess.
    I have 26 feet long, 8 feet wide (1/2 of a 2-car garage) and I have a mess. Looking to close in with a floating wall. Trying to collect dust at machines but nothing works yet for band saw and drill press. Have 2 5 hp protable vac that I am using - but dust is everywhere. If garage door is open - air filter would be wortless - right ? If had one where would I mount it - closer to door or in back of where I work on the ceiling of the long space ? I have wall cabinets above counter cabinets - not much room left for duct tubing - also what size my vacs has 2 1/2 hoses. everything I see in stores is 4". As you can see I am really not sure which way to go. Actually thinking about putting up wall, removing single double car overhead and installing TWO single garage doors - wife wil NOT give up her side for car @! and really complaining about dust. Any recommendation about sincerely appreciated.

Looks great

The shop looks great! It's funny because just last night my wife commented on how my shop was cluttered. This was after I thought I did a pretty good job of semi-organizing things too!!

Jack, I have a two car garage that I work out of. My neighbor does woodworking out of his basement and thinks I'm nuts for not putting the shop in the basement. A single car garage would be way too tight if I built the walls, etc. I think you are better off just pulling her car out when you work and back in when you are done. That is what I do...mostly (sometimes the car might sleep outside once in a while). It also gives me more room to move things around when working. You might be able to get a hanging curtain on a track too but that is not going to keep all of the dust out.

Hi Gordon,

You have a great looking shop. I wish I could keep my shop as clean and neat looking as you do.

Great job, Sam

nice shop. ya sure ya make any sawdust in it. looks like could pass white glove inspection.

Nice shop Gordon.

I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say the reason I haven't thought of taking pictures of my garage shop is that I consider it a work in progress and figured I would take pictures after I get it like I want it. trouble is it may never really be there.

I have a two car garage. In the winter I make room for my wife's car. she doesn't seem to care either way but I can't stand the thought of her scraping snow offf her car at 3 or 4 in the morning. This year she is really going to get spoiled because now that I have heat she will be getting into a warm car.

I'm with you Gordon....Happy wife happy life.