Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-skid additive in Rustoleum Solvent Based Epoxy Floor Coating

Nice. The flakes hits a multitude of sins. I did the same thing with the first spray of flakes. I just rolled the area again and re-flaked. The sand will be appreciated as time goes on.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Some questions about this now you are done.

That looks Awesome, good job. Now for your thoughts?

How temperature sensitive is this stuff? The directions say 60-80 Degree Fahrenheit for install. It's rapidly getting colder than that here. If I warm the shop temp up but the concrete is colder than that will the stuff fail to stick, fail in curing, or just take extra days to cure?

What are your thought on on vertical surface painting? I am trying to figure out what to do with the 18 inch foundation wall I have in the shop.

Did you do the whole thing at once, what if I did part one day and the rest another day or week from now?

Any other thoughts or warnings?

Thanks,
    Ian
    I want to use the light grey with sand and the speckles.
    I create videos on my channel TurningRound on youtube.

I'll try to answer your questions the best I can, but I applied mine at around 80F.

1) How temperature sensitive is this stuff? The directions say 60-80 Degree Fahrenheit for install. It's rapidly getting colder than that here. If I warm the shop temp up but the concrete is colder than that will the stuff fail to stick, fail in curing, or just take extra days to cure?

Check out this link from Rustoleum - it explains alot:
    http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGResource...msdstyp=PROCBG

and
    http://www.rustoleum.com/documents/t...ield%20ind.pdf

2) What are your thought on on vertical surface painting? I am trying to figure out what to do with the 18 inch foundation wall I have in the shop.

I also thought about painting the walls in my shop but wasn't sure that I had enough paint, but I had alot left over. I would definitely paint the walls if I knew that before I started. Instead I used the grey Drylock product and it looks great.

3)Did you do the whole thing at once, what if I did part one day and the rest another day or week from now?
    I did the whole thing at once. After taking about 6-8 hours of prepping, I put the paint down in about 2 hours.

4)Any other thoughts or warnings?
    I think I put down too many flakes, but other people like them, so it's really up to you. Practice throwing them on the clean floor before you paint - you won't regret it.

Good luck - I love mine and hope yours turns out well also!!!