Thread: Live center adaptor?

Blog Entries

Live center adaptor?

Does anyone know what the thread size is on the PM live center that ships with the 3520 is?

I am looking at a Oneway adaptor that goes from 3/4-10 to 1 1/4-8 so I can install chucks and faceplates on the tailstock for centering on the soon to be completed vacuum chuck setup.

TIA,

Brent

2. POWERMATIC LIVE CENTER
    CHROME PLATED WITH SAFETY ROTATING CUP CENTER PowermaticŪ live centers are constructed with lubricated for life, sealed ball bearings mounted in tandem to ensure vibration free performance. The steel body is machined to exact tolerances and then hardened and chrome plated for a precision fit and finish. Only the cup center rotates for safety and durability:

3/4"-10RH cup center threads fit live center adapters.
    System includes #2MT live center, hardened center point, aluminum cone point and knockout rod.
    Imported.

Blog Entries
    Mr. Hutchinson... Thanks!

Now to see if I need to order anything else from Hartville.....

That's not the same live center that came with mine. I'll bet it's the same size as mine, but mine wasn't chrome plated FWIW. I ordered mine last year, so things may have changed.

Blog Entries

Live Center

Quote Originally Posted by William Hutchinson View Post

POWERMATIC LIVE CENTER
    CHROME PLATED WITH SAFETY ROTATING CUP CENTER PowermaticŪ live centers are constructed with lubricated for life, sealed ball bearings mounted in tandem to ensure vibration free performance. The steel body is machined to exact tolerances and then hardened and chrome plated for a precision fit and finish. Only the cup center rotates for safety and durability:

3/4"-10RH cup center threads fit live center adapters.
    System includes #2MT live center, hardened center point, aluminum cone point and knockout rod.
    Imported.
    This looks like a Oneway. Is it?
    David Woodruff

If you don't know where you're going, it doesn't matter how you get there.

Blog Entries
    looks like a oneway, but the origin of the picture has it as a PM product. The live center that came with mine is painted black.

Cool Live center adaptor

You might want to consider the "Reverse Chucking Alignment Adapter" sold by Craft Supplies. P/N 280/1874 is for a 1 1/4"-8TPI for $28.99. It works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Espy View Post
    You might want to consider the "Reverse Chucking Alignment Adapter" sold by Craft Supplies. P/N 280/1874 is for a 1 1/4"-8TPI for $28.99. It works great.
    I have this same unit and it's great.