Thread: ************ Riving Knive? Anyone using one?

************ Riving Knive? Anyone using one?

I have a Jet JTAS-10 3 hp cabinet saw from 1995 that works great (bought it new) but I would like to get a saw with a riving knive. So I have been looking at new saws with the RK and said to myself that’s a lot of money to upgrade just for a RK when my saw I have works fine. So I was thinking why don’t I look into aftermarket RK or splitters? I came across the ************ by WALNUT ACRE WOODWORKING and it looked like it may fit the bill. Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts on it? Or can you suggest one that you are happy with that would work for my saw?

Thanks Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Richard - There's been one in my Shop Fox 1677 since August 2008....it's a little cumbersome to setup, but not too bad, and it works well.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Only one ************ out there???
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Rich,

Friday is a slow day around the Creek...give 'er some time.

Also, please do a search on it...it has been discussed in the past a few times.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I'm pretty sure there aren't a ton of them out there, but I'm even more sure that others have used it. There might be an issue with the actual term...for some reason "************" doesn't work on this site if you just spell out the acronym without the punctuation, which could hinder others who've tried to post.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

************ = bolt on ripping knife

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    There might be an issue with the actual term...for some reason "************" doesn't work on this site if you just spell out the acronym without the punctuation, which could hinder others who've tried to post.
    Scott, I noticed that kinda strange???
    Last edited by richard poitras; 09-10-2010 at 9:45 PM.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Quote Originally Posted by richard poitras View Post
    Scott, I noticed that kinda strange???
    Mr. Outten said that SMC had problems with that manufacturer excessively advertising, so there is a wordfilter for the term