Thread: Jet or Delta DC - need fast opinions

Jet or Delta DC - need fast opinions

Hate to ask a question that has probably been beat to death but I need some quick answers. LOML has agreed that I need a dust collector for Christmas - but she needs to know which one I want and needs to know by tonight so she can go and get it from Rockler. I don't want to invest 400+ in one so I have narrowed my search down to the Jet 1100 or the Delta 50-850. I would love to have the cannister but its not in the budget now or probably not in the future for quite some time - like by the time I need to replace this one. Both have approximately the same CFM, neither will have a cannister, and the prices are fairly close (from about 280 for the Delta to about 320 for the Jet). I have heard pros and cons on both so I am asking for some advice . Space won't be an issue. It will be wired to 110 - no option there so let's kindly leave out the "you need 220" 'cuz I know I need 220 but only have the capability for one and I want a cabinet saw running on that. Kinda worried about noise - have only found one noise rating on the Jet at 70-80db and none on the Delta.

What are your opinions on these please? I know this has literally been beat to death but I trust you guys' opinions implicitly and I know that you are aware that I have to take advantage of this "one time only offer - hurry time is running out". No joke - don't have long to make this call lest she change her mind. You know how that goes!! !!

Thanks so much in advance - Mike.

I have the Jet 1100 and it works great. I wouldn't imagine there is any significant difference between the two (in terms of how well they suck). I think the 1100 now comes with an integrated remote control - nice feature.

You can't go wrong either way. Lars

Mike,

I have the 1200 canister. It does the job. I don't think either the Jet or Delta would be a bad decision. I will share a couple of complaints about my Jet. The snap ring Jet uses for the lower clear bag is difficult to get a 100% seal on. It ends up leaking dust back into the room quite a bit. Might be operator error, but I haven't figured it out yet. I'm not sure if Delta uses a different style of clamp. My second complaint is that it is not big enough. I should have bought the 1900 or figured out how to fit a cyclone in my basement shop. With both blast gates open on my TS, it doesn't move enough air IMHO.

As far as the noise, yeah they aren't quiet. Loud enough for me to always wear hearing protection when firing it up. However, my daughter's crib sits directly above the DC and she has no problem sleeping through the noise. My wife never mentions hearing noise from the DC, just the planer and router. So, they are loud when you are right next to them, but no louder than a vacuum cleaner when you are a couple of rooms away.

-Todd

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    What Todd Said! 1200C is light years ahead of my old Jet 650 1HP. Made a world of difference. I'd do it again.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Jet 1100

I have the Jet 1100 and works great and "sucks" great even at 35 feet away like you wont believe. If you get the Jet take the 2 - 4" inlets off and you will have a 6" behind it for your hook up.

Mike,

Right now Amazon has the Delta canister DC on sale:

$399 - $30 rebate - $25 Delta discount - $30 cc application = $314

Looks like a great deal, it was $499 yesterday.

John

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...?v=glance&s=hi