Thread: Old jet cabinet saw

Old jet cabinet saw

Hello...this is my first post on this forum.I'm trying to restore an older Jet cabinet saw and need a few parts. Jet parts dept said they were obsolete and were not much help.The saw is a CTAS-10FLR and is 3 hp and its the old blue color jet first used. I'm looking for a motor cover and the front access cover . I also could use an 8 inch cast iron extension wing and a power switch but can get those fairly easily . Don't know if this effort is worthwhile but the motor and the trunnion assembly and all else seem to be good. I'm replacing an older Rockwell Delta contractor saw and hope this might be a bit more solid. ( I'd prefer the original parts if possible so I don't end up with a "mutt" looking creation.

I wonder how close it is to the original Grizzly 1023?

That motor cover was available separately. It had 2 long fixed hinge pins on one side and a tab with an elongated hole on the other. For switches Grizzly sells 3 h.p. motor starters (switch & overload protection). You might find that several Asian manufacturers used interchangeable parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poulin View Post
    Hello...this is my first post on this forum.I'm trying to restore an older Jet cabinet saw and need a few parts. Jet parts dept said they were obsolete and were not much help.The saw is a CTAS-10FLR and is 3 hp and its the old blue color jet first used. I'm looking for a motor cover and the front access cover . I also could use an 8 inch cast iron extension wing and a power switch but can get those fairly easily . Don't know if this effort is worthwhile but the motor and the trunnion assembly and all else seem to be good. I'm replacing an older Rockwell Delta contractor saw and hope this might be a bit more solid. ( I'd prefer the original parts if possible so I don't end up with a "mutt" looking creation.

Old Jet tS parts

Curt,
    Thanks for the info on possibly locating parts for a Jet CTAS-10-1. ( and sorry for the late reply ) Yeah you are probably right about the early chinese saws using the same parts/bodies. I did put the proper power plug on it and the motor seems strong and quiet ( although might use some new drive belts ) If anyone does have this model of saw I need to straighten out the wiring a bit ( and thanks for the idea on the grizzly power switch ) a picture or explanation on just where the wiring all goes.
    I've been checking ebay and craigs list looking for the motor cover and access panel and I'll check with grizzly on these also. I think I'll just get a used Delta extension wing on ebay-suprisngly Delta parts seem to fit on this machine-I think they even use American blots/threads.