Hi,

This is probably overly obvious, but I have been playing with the top ruler on my Epilog Mini for the past couple of days trying to correct an accuracy issue. It's pushing material down by about 1/32". So a 1"x1" block piece measures fine left to right, but is 1 1/32" top to the bottom.

I contacted tech support by email and they said to run a piece of tape an inch from the top. Engrave it across, measure an inch from the engraved line toward the ruler. Then, loosen the screws and move the ruler.

Sounds easy enough, which actually I had tried something similar prior to calling tech support. My machine is about 5 years old, so I don't know if they have changed in this regard, but I ran into a problem with actually moving the ruler.

The middle and right screw are in a slide groove so the ruler can move. However, the left screw is not, so that side won't slide back and forth. If I move the other side, then the ruler is no longer parallel to the material.

So how can I get the entire ruler to move back. There has to be a way. Otherwise, what's the point of having the middle/right screws in a groove?

Initially they told me to reposition the x/y axis, which I did and it should engrave properly now, but it's the ruler that's the problem as the piece is measuring longer down the table, which wouldn't have anything to do with the home position.

Thanks for any help.

David