Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My hats off to: Camaster, Eagle, Southeast, and Wynn

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Savage View Post
    I'm currently waiting for a response after multiple requests for an update because I was sent a part to replace on my machine with the hopes I can finally trust my machine with 3D cutting. First problem was that there's a junction box sitting right on top of the Y motor so I had to grind the Z axis top plate. Moments later I realized the part (this is the coupler between Z motor and ball screw) would be rubbing against the vertical Z plate when if I installed as-is. More grinding on my machine... so I'm excited to see how this fancy new coupler thingie works now that I've hogged out a bunch of aluminum with a hand grinder, slide on the coupler and it protrudes about .5" too high. No go.

It's been about two weeks now. I've gotten one response to my second follow up indicating I would be contacted last Monday... no contact, I've sent another follow up and am waiting.

Again, seemingly all very nice people who want to do the right thing but...
    Nicholas, why should he have to post on ANY forum to get a response, when he's contacting the factory directly? If I bought a machine from you and it has some issues and you won't respond in a timely manner, what am I supposed to do? You've got all my money, I've got a machine I need help on, and you won't respond. What other choices do I have? It seems that most issues that get posted on public forums get almost immediate attention. I think Bob and Dan have been MORE than patient.

Sounds like Joey has addressed both issues today, so hopefully the next thing we'll see is photos of things Dan's making and Bob's machine will be all squared away and everyone will be happy
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Scott,

'why should he have to post on ANY forum to get a response.'

You are right but they did and do.......so why not on there too?

2 years ago I bought a new4x8 chinese router and it did not work. I about pulled my teeth,hair and several other things out before I ever got it working the support from that company was almost NONEXISTANT so you are preaching to the chiore about spending money with no support.

This year I bought a 5x10 CAMaster and it too had issues the differance was those guys got in their truck and drove 9 houres up to my shop and resolved them and every time I have had a question or needed an answer no matter how small they have always gotten back to me. So from my perspective it seems they are more than willing to work with folks.

IMO they are a small company trying to do right and are all a bunch of good guys in my book.

Nick

Just their presence and info here makes them seem like a top end company! I sure tell folks about them when the other bot co. topic comes up!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Smile Well . . .

Well I met all the CAMASTER guys at the IWF in Atlanta . . . Nice Guys . . .

Anyway, as soon as my forced retirement (aka Lay Off) goes into effect I plan on CAMASTER feeding me . . . so you guys keep up the good work . .

Steve
    Support the "CREEK" . . .