Thread: New Unisaw with Delta outfeed table question

New Unisaw with Delta outfeed table question

So I finally got my brand new Unisaw set up and running. (Really nice saw BTW )
    Silly me, I had ASSUMED that the Delta 'universal' outfeed table ("fits all 10" Unisaws") model 50-302 would fit the new Unisaw. Well, it appears that it doesn't. Just called Delta Support (now, Dewalt Support -). And was advised the only outfeed table that fits the new Uni is the big beismeyer.

I've got a kind of small shop and really need a folding outfeed table. So my question is, has anyone managed to cobb this outfeed table onto a new Uni? And if so, how? Sending the table back is not really an option, the 10% restock fee and UPS shipping charge would turn this into a really expensive non-item.

Thanks!

Greg the 50-302 table will fit the new Unisaw, you just have to drill the holes yourself.
    I added one to the side of my dado Unisaw. That would not be any different than adding it to the back of the new Unisaw. Instead of using the supplied bolts, I used 1/4" hex head sheel metal bolts.
    I can take some measurements if that would help you out.

Thanks!

I figure I'm going to have to do some 'shade tree engineering' on this. Where the top bolts go into the cabinet, the new trunnion precludes getting a wrench (or fingers) on the nut. And the dust collection tray at the bottom blocks all access to the bottom support brackets. So, I'm thinking of drilling and tapping the cabinet and reinforcing with angle iron / aluminum channel on the outside. The instructions are just pitiful. I would have thought a drilling template would have been included with this thing.

The reason Delta does not provide a template is because the later model Unisaws were predrilled for the extension. As the one pictured above was.

The limited access on the inside of the saw is why I used self tapping sheet metal screws to attach the side table.