Thread: Monday Night Football...

Monday Night Football...

The Packers beat the Packers...(yep you read that right)!

18 penalities, I bet there is butt chewing today! Good game to watch and this Packer fan will admit those Bears looked good but the Pack will be back!

Phyllis

welcome to my world. the saints, determined to lose that game on sunday, would not be denied.

bring back morten andersen, imo.

Phyllis,

As a Bears fan, I have to admit that without those penalties, The Pack most likely would have taken that game. I wish the Bears would have played as well in the first three quarters as they did in the fourth. Seems to me that they've been slow starters for more than a few seasons now.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
    welcome to my world. the saints, determined to lose that game on sunday, would not be denied.

Sorry Neal, I'm not shedding any tears for ya!!

Penalties aside, the Bears looked good. Cutler seems a bit more focused since Martz took over. The defensive line looked decent. Julius Peppers had an incredible game, not to mention his blocked FG.

As a Bears fan, I will take a win anyway they can get it. The Bears defense looked pretty good against a good quarterback.

Goooooooooooo Bearsssssssssssss!

The Bears won the game, fair and square.

But 18 penalties? Really? That tells me these guys aren't focused. They are a long way from being a dominant team. They may still get there this season, but last nights game was a huge step backwards.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Unfortunately it had to happen against Da Bears but I'm hoping that it's early enough in the season to be a wake up call and the Pack uses this as inspiration not to lose control again. They definitely let the Bears stay in this game and take over. I have a feeling that the rematch the last week of the season will have major playoff implications.

Now we have to use this as prep and take care of business against the Vikes.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post

This is kind of a common theme to the suspected better teams in the league this year. Vikes were determined to loose to Miami 2 weeks ago, Adrian Peterson was the only 1 determined to win. But bi-golly the rest of the team prevailed and they were able to loose. That loss is going to come back to bite us. If we win that game and the Lions are awarded the touch down Calvin Johnson caught, that the whole world know they got screwed out of. The whole division is tied. Instead the Bears are in the lead, who would have thunk it. I don't think it will last. Cutler is a terrible quarterback. He constantly throws off his back foot and is very inaccurate. Bears fan can thank the packers for giving them the game. However GB will be able to shore up some of the penalties but the holdings and illegal procedures are only going to get worse, because the O-line is terrible. Dont get me wrong the vikes have there own problems, the quarterback is taking forever to get up to speed. And our receivers couldn't get open against my grandmother, but other than that we are fine. It has been a treat to watch AP so far this year. He is a beast, that is all there is too it. He is so physical but has the break away speed, I feel sorry for his body in a couple of years.
    Last edited by Paul Ryan; 09-29-2010 at 9:39 PM.

julius peppers is the impact player in chicago, not cutler. it's not every day a best-in-the-NFC completely dominant defensive lineman falls in your lap.

there were a couple of times in the dallas game where dallas made the mistake of trying to have a running back pick him up, and he ran over them like they weren't even there.

i sure am glad that drew brees doesn't see him twice anymore .

you're pushing your luck as a QB when you have to play against john abraham and julius peppers in 4 games every year.
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 09-29-2010 at 2:33 PM.