Thread: Heading to WIA!

Talking Heading to WIA!

Heading to the Wia. im half way through my 3 hour drive and im getting excited.. probably cause this is the first show ive been too..

Quote Originally Posted by brett gallmeyer View Post
    Heading to the Wia. im half way through my 3 hour drive and im getting excited.. probably cause this is the first show ive been too..
    Should I know what WIA means??
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by brett gallmeyer View Post
    heading to the wia. Im half way through my 3 hour drive and im getting excited.. Probably cause this is the first show ive been too..

' ' ' -0

WIA= Woodworking in America. It is a three day conference on woodworking, I went to the one that was in St Charles Illinois and had a great time.

Heather
    Any thing with sharp teeth eats meat.
    Most powertools have sharp teeth.
    People are made of meat.

Just gets bigger and better each year. This is what a woodworking show/conference should be about. Lots of vendor representation (hand tool and power) and great class sessions.

John

I was there yesterday. Like the other post said, This is what a woodworking show should be. The staff at Popular Woodworking should be commended for doing a show like this. If you think this is like "The woodworking shows" You are mistaken.
    A lot of the home based woodworking tool makers were there like Bad Ax tools to Joel from "Tools for working wood" Scott Box from Steel City tool fame (Now with General tools) Saw Frank Klause walking around the show.
    Got to meet Tommy McDonald from the new PBS woodworking show "Rough Cut Lumber"
    There were some vendors selling old hand tools. One guy had so many, Bit braces were stacked in Rubbermaid totes as well as hand saws. Anything you wanted he had.

All 20 min from my house
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 10-02-2010 at 8:58 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

you aren't posting this while driving are you? IF you are SHAME ON YOU