Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, who watched "Rough Cut"?

Dan-

Grateful for the review of the 2nd watching. Glad you chose to share it.

May I suggest that you share your comments with the show -- either through its Facebook page, the website, or ... whatever ? I know Eli is on that other woodworking site -- you know: the one that sounds as if its members are athletes

I watched these guys prep for their shows. They seem to care a LOT about what we want from them, rather than guessing, and guessing wrong.

And what more can we ask than THAT

For those in the Phoenix area

I got a response from KAET.

"Eight is planning to add “Rough Cut” to our Saturday afternoon lineup after the first of the year, however I do not have a firm date yet. "

Also for the other show mentioned in this thread

"Season 4 of the series just began feeding in mid-September. It will probably be rotated into the schedule at a later date."

I expressed interest in these last night and got my reponse from viewer services this morning.

Colorado chimes in:

Thank you for your inquiry. We have not yet found a spot in our schedule for Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac. If we do put it in our schedule our website will have all the details. Also, you’re more than welcome to check back in with us in the future to see if we’ve scheduled that series.

Until I saw a showing of a new woodworking program on my local PBS station and located this thread I was amazed that a new woodworking show to replace NYW had finally aired. Little did I know that it was on last year in other markets. I did make a call a few months ago and talked to someone at the station to suggest that I would like to see more shows of that nature and maybe that helped. Tommy Mac is no Norm, but neither was Norm when he first started. I did see a glimpse of a budding personality in Tommy and if he is allowed to continue I think there is great hope.
    Last edited by Rick Levine; 08-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brooks View Post
    My affiliate doesn't carry it. I've written to them, asking them to consider picking it up.
    That's a shame RMPBS doesn't broadcast it there. They had it running earlier this year here in the Denver area. I have most of the first season on my DVR.

I really enjoyed the first season but I'd like it if he could slow down a bit. Tommy always seemed in a huge rush to get everything crammed into 30 minutes.

this is how my luck goes
    I saw Rough cut three times
    each time he built a flag box...
    Carpe Lignum

Every 3 to 3 months our PBS goes on a donation kick and for 3 weeks we are forced to watch how to make money work for you. When the drive is over then we get to watch the scheduled shows. Right now you guessed it we are learning how to make money work for us. And its the same program they show over and over and over.......
    The last time I saw the light at the end of the tunnel it was another train heading at me...