Thread: Help Value a Parks 12" Planer

Help Value a Parks 12" Planer

Hey guys,

I'm trying to help my Uncle maybe sell his 12" Parks planer. It's a very nice machine, single phase, good shape (he has had it as long as I've know him). I think the value could range $250 - $750, but tough to tell. It's on a stand, is fairly compact and nicely built with lots of cast iron. I've seen them sell all over the price range in all sorts of condition, but I'm having a hard time nailing done a good price.

Thanks - John

Haven't seen one sold lately

I have one and when I am ready to sell it, I'm going to start this way: I wouldn't trade mine for the best brand new lunch box. So I'm going to ask a little more than they sell for. Maybe $450 to start.
    18th century nut --- Carl

I agree with Carl's assessment for arriving at a price, I think he has nailed the $ figure for a straight up sale. I mean by that "word of mouth" or "newspaper ad". I have seen even a greater spread in prices at auctions than John stated. Low and high, $150. and $765. respectively and some in better condition at $400. than ones going for $700. - perhaps an auction with a reserve (eBay) would provide the best of both approaches.
    Work safe, have fun, enjoy the sport.
    Remember that a guy never has to come down out of the clouds if he keeps filling the valleys with peaks. Steve

Hard to tell the value of the machine... There are currently a lot of good planers out there in the high 300 to low 400 dollar mark and those come with a warranty. I am not familiar with that planer, so I am not familiar with its ablilities, but I would be hard pressed to believe that a 12" planer could sell for too much considering all the lunch box style planers that are out there...
    I can pay retail anywhere, so how's your service?
    Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory one project at a time
    Maker of precision cut firewood