Thread: Superb customer service

Thumbs up Superb customer service

Long time lurker & heavy duty amateur renaissance man. In other words with an old house & an old Bertram powerboat, I try to do everything myself.

Reason for this post is I wanted to pass on kudos to the Woodpecker company. I recently ordered the LE table & fence combo from them. My 1617 EVSPK arrived fom Amazon last week. Went to get set up & found the LE table was bowed with the middle sagged way down. Called WP last week & said it looked like about 1/16 sagged down in the middle. Asked for their suggestion about being able to straighten it. The gentleman I spoke to asked if I had used a feeler gauge as that sounded like quite a bit. Put some feelers on it yesterday & found it to be .088 out Called WP today & they said they would send me out a new table today. With CS like that, I will definitely be buying from Woodpecker again!

Al

They sent me a new table too, wonder if its common that they get bowed like that? I posted previously on one of these sites and someone said he used playing cards as shims and an extra piece of angle iron to get his top back to level. I'm thinking I might take the old top and mount it to the left of my table saw so my tablesaw/router table will have the ability to house two routers. This also will give me much more distance to the right of the router bit for when I am doing box joints or dovetails on wider boards.

Woodpeckers is one of the best out there, I've been to every show in my area in the last three years, and though they don't remember my name, they know my face and always say Hello and sometimes durring demos ask me how I like my TS-III.

Chuck

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Welcome to the Creek Al.

Great folks here! Very satisfied with the business I've done with WP.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Al -

First of all , Welcome to the Creek. Glad you stepped out from the shadows.

It is good to hear positive feedback about a company. Moves them far up on the list of vendors to do business with.

Regards,
    Ted

Service like this should be a industry standard but stories like your are not the norm.
    Glad to see you where well taken care of.
    I need to look at the products it may be time to buy a new tool.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

Thanks for the welcome. With the power of the internet it amazes me when a company tries to pass the buck. Too often we read about someones horror story. Since I had such a positive response to my problem, I thought it only fair to publicize it.

Chuck, I take it that your replacement table was fine. If my table was only slightly out, I was willing to deal with it. This table was slightly sagged in the middle, but near the edges it took a sharp bend upward. I'm assuming that the banding is a t-moulding. Looks like when it was applied it forced the edges up. Didn't know how to deal with that, so called.

Al

Welcome to the 'Creek Al!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....