Thread: JessEm 07100 Mite-R-Excel Precision Miter Gauge

JessEm 07100 Mite-R-Excel Precision Miter Gauge

So... i have an opportunity to pick this up for $175. I am wondering if this is a "got to have" where I grovel and beg... or... just siphon the funds from another project... or...just let it go...

The problem is ... I have so many going.... and not enough hours in the day....

Thoughts?

Be careful with the Jessem Miter gauges. I bought one and returned it. It uses two pins to lock the gauge at an angle. There was was enough slop in the pins that the angles could vary a few degrees. The build quality of it looks nice and some people had no issues with it. But there were a lot of people with issues of loose fittings lock pins. Check it out good before you buy.

Phil

I held one in the store, and boy, was it heavy and looked great. However, I too read about the pin problem and bought an Osbourne instead.
    -Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

i have one an love it! actually sold my osborn because i like the jessem so much... no issues with slop.. however $175 seems kinda high for a used one.. imo.

I have a JessEm and I love it. No slop in the pins.
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

A friend of mine has had the Jessem for 5+ years and loves it. It's on my short list.

Thanks for the input ... I think I have way to many ongoing projects and need to clear some out before getting new ones.... even ones that don't take work.