Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not renewing Shop Notes

1. I just received my last issue of ShopNotes as well. Interesting that so many folks are making the same decision at the same time. You know what they say about great minds....
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stafford
    I just received my last issue of ShopNotes as well. Interesting that so many folks are making the same decision at the same time. You know what they say about great minds....
    Ditto. I just let my subscription lapse.
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Glad it is just not me. Yes they have good articales, but that up to 70+ issues, getting pretty old.

I picked up an issue of FWW and I bet 1/2 the pages were ads. For $8 it may be the last. Think goodness we can still learn here at SMC.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Hmmm, I just made the same decision. I'll probably replace it with Popular WW. It seems to have gotten pretty good lately. I had dropped it a few years ago.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla
    " ... I'm going to put in a TV with a built-in DVD/VCR player and hook it up to my cable!"
    All that in a "reading room"? Wow, and I thought I got snazzy with some of the wiring I did for our new thundermug room.

On a note more germane to the thread, I have used to get Wood, AWW, FW and ShopNotes. I also am on the list for WoodShop News, Wood Digest and CWB. I dropped AWW and ShopNotes a number of years ago and have let WoodDigest lapse. I also subscribed to Chris' DVD mag, but dropped it almost immediately because our computer couldn't play DVD's and I didn't want to sit in front of the TV with it. I will probably let Wood lapse because it just doesn't do that much for me anymore. I may end up with just FWW.

Rob

Agree w your thoughts. There seems to be a sameness in many of the mags. I find I'm excited when the issue arrives in my mailbox but it quickly evaporates when I go thru the mag in less than 20 minutes and nothing is new! I'm cutting back also. I'll continue to get WOOD. and do like Woodsmith and FWW but a bit expensive I just let Amer WWr expire as well as ShopNotes. I'm starting to look at new issues of mags I don't get @ the local Borders and if I like, I buy that issue.
    Jerry