Thread: Some Addional Uses Of Bandsaws

Smile Some Addional Uses Of Bandsaws

SOME ADDIONAL USES OF BANDSAWS

.... Since this is Christmas time, it has taken most, if not all, of my extra time, and I am just catching up to the follow-up of my original post which is: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=14436
    .... After delivering the first load of firewood from these two fallen trees, the wood was so hard, throwing sparks while cutting, you need to sharpen the chain on your chain saw a bit more frequently, Picture #1. My wife stopped me from delivering the second (tractor) bucket load saying; these logs are too big. So, being the good husband that I am, ha, I said, ok. Off I went to the shop to get out the log splitter and proceeded to split all of the logs and a few that were left over from last year, Picture #2. After that I had to cut them to length and decided to use my new GRIZZLY G0507 twenty inch bandsaw, Picture #3. This worked out very well, matter-of-fact extremely well, faster and smoother than even the chain saw. This wood is hard, very hard, locust, and that GRIZZLY went through it like it wasn't there. Loaded it all back in the bucket, Picture #4, and presented it to my wife at the house garage door were she very pleasantly accepted it and immediately began to unload it from the bucket and stack it the way she wanted it, Picture # 5.

.... The end of a very happy wood gathering adventure for my wife .

Boyd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 12-23-2004 at 7:04 PM. Reason: Removed embedded characters and/or made adjustments and/or adjusted font size.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

D_mn wish I had thought of using a band saw for fire wood I've probably have one by now. Could of slipped that past my wife, she says she's got plenty of kindling

Can this be considered tool abuse?

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Wink

Hi Jim,

.... What you said is exactly one of my thoughts before I considered writing the post. The intended object is your own personal endeavor. Good luck.

<CENTER dir=ltr><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=256><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
    D_mn wish I had thought of using a band saw for fire wood I've probably have one by now. Could of slipped that past my wife, she says she's got plenty of kindling.
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

Dan,
    .... It's almost a sacrilege, blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character, to use woodworking tools outside of their intended realm. Trees are Trees and wood is wood.

<CENTER dir=ltr><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><COLGROUP><COL width=256><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">
    Can this be considered tool abuse?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>Merry Christmas to all .

Boyd
    Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 12-23-2004 at 7:21 PM. Reason: Removed embedded characters and/or made adjustments and/or adjusted font size.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.