Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bessey or Gross Stabil

The mainstay in my shop are the K-body's. I really like them. But just recently I ended up buying two 50" Jorgy Cabinet Masters and I must say, I like them better than the Bessy's. I have a couple G-S clamps, but I never liked the handles on them - too small for my Dutch hands.

Rob,
    I considered going the for pipe clamps first just to get my collection started but I figure since I will be speciallizing in kitchens that I may as well start with Parallel-Jaws.

Ken,
    I actually was in the process of ordering those GS clamps from All Pro but unless they had a problem last night they are asking over $100 for 10 60" clamps.

Jason,
    My ex-teacher said he had some jorgies but he got rid of them because they didn't lock. I also read something similar in a magazine I think FWW. You never had any problems like that?

Well Lee Valley has the best non-sale prices on Besseys but those jorgies look pretty tempting at $41 for 60" Im just going to wait on the Bessey sale and decide then hopefully they'll also have reasonable shipping.

Thanks everybody, though if you continue to find good prices I'll be more than greatful.

By the way does anybody know if the rockler sale counts for only 1 of the item I choose or if I can buy as many as I want of the same item and still get the sale price?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Grimes
    Ken,
    I actually was in the process of ordering those GS clamps from All Pro but unless they had a problem last night they are asking over $100 for 10 60" clamps.
    Wow, if you ordered 10 for $100, you must have been wearing a mask and carrying a gun No, I didn't see a deal like that, but I wish I had
    Best Regards, Ken

Ken,

I'm sorry for confusing you. That was over $100 for the shipping along with the $360 sale price. So in the end it was more like $460 for 10 clamps. I didn't remember that only I knew what I was talking about when I wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Grimes
    Jason,
    My ex-teacher said he had some jorgies but he got rid of them because they didn't lock. I also read something similar in a magazine I think FWW. You never had any problems like that?
    Nope, no problems here.

Ken, I just checked again and these are the results I got.<TABLE class=totals style="WIDTH: 78px; HEIGHT: 25px"><TBODY><TR><TD class=totals_txt>Subtotal</TD><TD class=totals>$359.80</TD></TR><TR><TD class=totals_txt>Shipping</TD><TD class=totals>$100.95</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=totals style="WIDTH: 99px; HEIGHT: 23px"><TBODY><TR><TD class=totals_txt>Tax</TD><TD class=totals>$0.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=totals_all_txt>Total</TD><TD class=totals_all>$460.75</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Also its more expensive to be shipped to CA because they have to pay $20 in taxes and the shipping only drops $10.

Jason,

Thanks, I'm going to wait until the 28th and buy whichever is cheaper.