Thread: Any Microsoft Money Users Out there

Any Microsoft Money Users Out there

Yesterday, my shortcut icon dissappeared off my desktop. When I started Money from the program list, I had to restore the file off my backup discs.
    Now I have the records up to the last time I backed it up, but it will not allow me to enter a transaction. (I can edit an old transaction, but it will not let me enter a new one).

Any ideas before I change to a new software? (I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Money).

Tom
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Winship View Post
    Yesterday, my shortcut icon dissappeared off my desktop. When I started Money from the program list, I had to restore the file off my backup discs.
    Now I have the records up to the last time I backed it up, but it will not allow me to enter a transaction. (I can edit an old transaction, but it will not let me enter a new one).

Any ideas before I change to a new software? (I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Money).

Tom

Make sure your data files are not set to read only. Right click -> properties

You know it was discontinued, right? Could it be that you are beyond the end of the license term? I'm not sure what all behavior it has at that point. Microsoft is recommending moving to Quicken. There's another thread here about that.

Thanks, Guys

Bryan, I checked and it is not a read only.
    Matt, I am aware that it is discontinued. I will probably buy Quicken with some instruction on how to export from Money.
    Thanks again.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14