Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolling cart for air cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    Well that's a first. I see links to pictures in posts here all the time that I can't view from work. First time I've seen one I can't view from home...
    Jerome, it's not you. There's no picture in the post.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Gentlemen,After using this home-made air cleaner for 25 years, I can say that it works just fine mounted on the floor. Mine has been next to my workbench, where lots of dust is made with routers, sanders, and saws. At 1500 cfm the fan is gong to suck air from wherever it is hiding, and clean the shop air every few minutes. I made the cabinet serve double duty and filled the non-functioning spaces with drawers. I can't say for certain that is is just as functional as one mounted on the ceiling, but it seems so to me… Besides, if the drawers were mounted on the ceiling they would be hard to reach!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (68.9 KB, 53 views)

keith, yours looks good and probably functions great but its a bit short i would say!

Short as in close to the floor? My shop is approx 400 sq ft, and I have a furnace blower out of a 1500 sq ft house. When you turn it on it takes about 4 - 5 minutes to remove visable dust in the shop - and in the sunlight through the windows, it pretty easy to see the circulation.

The discharge is through the bottom, filters are a double layer of furncace filters, and when I pull them out, no dust in the inside.

So far, it has cost me one pully ($45 steel one) a furnace belt, and an old sheet of 3/4 inch ply. Plus it is QUITE!! Sometimes can't hardly hear it run.

I think when I'm moving such a bunch of air, that height is not a problem...

My $.02
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...