Thread: Christmas Gloating

Christmas Gloating

Well with 30” of snow on the ground, and travel plans for tomorrow, we decided to bump up Christmas to today. All I can say is Christmas was grand! With a 2 and 5 year old this is good stuff. Our 2 year old loved the Mike the Mower and the vacuum version as well, despite the really cool “Choppa” trike I bought for him (still a little young). Our daughter loves everything pink, included her Princess and Pauper castle and not so pink 12” Princess Leia “adult” collectable doll (out of the box in seconds – sorry collectors). She had asked for Star Wars III, but we were not sure how to explain Santa wouldn’t have it ready until May (and even later for the DVD). The wife and I each got some fun gifts including more DVD’s than we can watch. My stack included the new extended Lord of the Rings trilogy – cool.

As for tools, I did pull down 2 Gripper 100s and an accessory kit. Man that is a lot of money for all that plastic, but they are well made. I’m sure Kim paid top dollar, even with all the sales (ouch), but if it makes the shop safer, I’m sure it was worth it. It’s also kind of funny how the parts are colored, I also thought about making a cool all black gripper, and a super safety all yellow gripper, but assembled them as instructed. I think I’ll order the DVD, and should I buy another accessory kit? I haven’t had a chance give them a go as most of my free time today was spend either shoveling or behind the snow blower. I'm hoping for a Lee Valley shoulder plane from my folks and maybe a couple smaller gloats next week. Plus I treated myself to a little something during the last Amazon sale (but I can’t tell).

Just had a really nice day today, tomorrow traveling to Chicago, then back Christmas. Next week to my folks in Ohio, and then back in another week for my Dad’s family Christmas.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, and a safe and Happy New Year.

Take Care – John

John, sounds like you've got yourself a busy week ahead! Our circumstances are such that we have to do little to no traveling and that's the way I like it! (Read that as: MORE shop time!) Also sounds like you guys did OK on the Santa side, as well! In my book, as long as the kids are happy, then all is good. They so look forward to this Holiday! You scored well with the Grippers, as well! Mighty handy and yes, they do promote saver operating conditions. Have fun with the rest of your Holiday festivities and be careful out there; The next guy may not be!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!