Thread: Woca diamond oil cabinets

Blog Entries

Woca diamond oil cabinets

Hi all,
    I have rubio monocoat on our floors (matte finish)
    I would like a flat finish in our furniture/vanities/cabinets as well (no color, just clear).

Should I use unfinished stain grade plywood for this?
    Or prefinished and then add the woca after?

Looking at their website indicates that product is for freshly sanded wood which leaves out putting it over prefinished plywood.

Seems like several folks here are looking at these "natural" oil finishes. For the price these companies are charging for their products I hope they cover a lot of square feet and work really, really well. From some of the feedback posted here that does not always seem to be the case. Personally, if I wanted a flat finish on plywood cabinets I would spray them with a flat waterborne clear coat. I recently sprayed some Baltic birch plywood with GF's Enduro Clear Poly in Flat sheen and you can't tell there is any finish on it until you touch it, even then it's hard to tell. At less than $75/gal it's a relative bargain compared to the natural oil products.

John

Kind of my thoughts as well. If you must use the product, put it direct to raw timber. I'm not sure about the machine polishing bit either. It all sound overly complex. Cheers