Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noisy people in hotels

Consider yourselves lucky, you could have spent a grand for a suite and ended up next to this guy....

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...taken_awa.html

I have called the desk for people running up and down the hallway, shouting, etc. I believe that they got the message when management showed up the second time, and I opened the door, and voiced my displeasure for their actions. I will admit, I don't believe this will work the next time. It does make you want to carry one of the small boaters type air horns, just to sound the "alarm".

I do like the idea of the alarm clock as described in a previous post.

Regards, Colin
    Where's the beef.

I haven't been traveling as much lately but some projects in the past I've had to travel quite a bit. Some of it is dependent on where you stay. Stay at a hotel aimed at business travelers (say Hampton, Courtyard, etc.) and they are usually pretty quiet. If you are staying at a cheap place, its a different story. I try to avoid the Comfort Inns, Holiday Inn Express (with some exceptions,) etc as they tend to attract a different crowd. Conference hotels and resorts are another story altogether. Nothing like a crowd of adults on an all-expense paid vacation!

I always ask the front desk clerk for a quiet room because I am a light sleeper. It works well most of the time except for the Late night talking in the halls or the slam of the door. The worse experience was at a convention hotel the same time there was a national cheer-leading competition. The long halls make great practice runs for cartwheels and flips.
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr