Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End caps on kitchen cabinets

Richard (or anyone else)

When you build your cabinets with and end panel like that, do you cover the end panel on the interior with a piece of ply, such that the interior of the cabinet is all made of the same material, or do you use the end panel as one side of the interior box.

For example, if I was building cherry cabinets with end panels like you and others mentioned, but was building my boxes out of prefinished maple ply, do you cover the inside of the paned with maple ply so the interior of the cabinet is consistent, or not worry about it??

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Yeager View Post
    Richard (or anyone else)

When you build your cabinets with and end panel like that, do you cover the end panel on the interior with a piece of ply, such that the interior of the cabinet is all made of the same material, or do you use the end panel as one side of the interior box.

For example, if I was building cherry cabinets with end panels like you and others mentioned, but was building my boxes out of prefinished maple ply, do you cover the inside of the paned with maple ply so the interior of the cabinet is consistent, or not worry about it??

Thanks!!
    I build the cabinet box the same as a cabinet without and end panel only 3/4 of an inch narrower than the finished size. then rap the cabinet with the face frame and end panel. That way it make it easy to drill shelf pin holes or whatever. I too am using pre-finished maple.

Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska