Thread: Slingbox

Slingbox

Anyone have a Slingbox? Which one do you have? Can more than one PC/Mac watch at the same time? How do you like it?

My daughter's solo is about 3 years old, she used it to watch TV when living in Italy. With the software installed on two computers still only one can watch because it only allows one user ID. It actually provides control of the cable box by remote computer, so someone watching at home will see the channel change before their eyes when the person on the PC changes it. We got an additional cable box for her so it wouldn't interfere with our watching. It always worked great except if someone forgot and turned off the cable box!

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl View Post
    Anyone have a Slingbox? Which one do you have? Can more than one PC/Mac watch at the same time? How do you like it?
    I have an older one I scored off of woot.com for around 50 bucks. The "AV" model I think it is called. I've only tried 2 connections at once and it worked ok, though there is only one video feed. Works great on mobile devices too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    My daughter's solo is about 3 years old, she used it to watch TV when living in Italy. With the software installed on two computers still only one can watch because it only allows one user ID. It actually provides control of the cable box by remote computer, so someone watching at home will see the channel change before their eyes when the person on the PC changes it. We got an additional cable box for her so it wouldn't interfere with our watching. It always worked great except if someone forgot and turned off the cable box!
    Joe,

I figured there was only one user ID but can more than one person log in at the same time and watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Morgan View Post
    I have an older one I scored off of woot.com for around 50 bucks. The "AV" model I think it is called. I've only tried 2 connections at once and it worked ok, though there is only one video feed. Works great on mobile devices too.
    Bryan, My son has a friend that used it when he was in Amsterdam but he was the only person using it. Was it recently that 2 connections were used?

Bryan, My son has a friend that used it when he was in Amsterdam but he was the only person using it. Was it recently that 2 connections were used?

I'm supposed to tell you that this is impossible and against the Slingbox TOS

Joe,

I figured there was only one user ID but can more than one person log in at the same time and watch it.
    Not on hers, we tried it and got a message that we were already logged on.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio View Post
    Not on hers, we tried it and got a message that we were already logged on.
    Thanks Joe, that's what I thought would happen.

I have one unopened that I was given. If you are interested PM me.