Thread: Scary Sharp Info?

Scary Sharp Info?

I have a friend who is a budding Woodworker and he is asking about sharpening chisels and planes. Is there information somewhere on the net about the Scary Sharp Method, preferrably with photo's, that I could print and send to him? I made an attempt at explaining the system to him over the phone, but we both think it would be more helpful if he had a printed text with photo's to reference. I haven't had time to perform a search for the subject, I thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction. As always, any and all help is appreciated!

I just saved those pages as text the other day and can send it to you if you want. Email me if you'd like. I can't remember the URL where I got it but a search for Scary Sharp will probably get it. DB
    It's called golf because all the other 4-letter words were taken

Thanks Dan.

I appreciate the offer Dan, but a quick search using Copernic yielded a site with photo's that explains the method pretty well. I bookmarked the site, and in case anyone else is interested, I will post the link after this message. Thanks again for the offer Dan, but I think this will get him started on the right track. http://www.woodshopdemos.com/sss-2.htm

There is also a video that shows this process if you are a 'visual learner'. It is from the people at Tauton Press and has Michael Dunbar showing the technique for a variety of tools from chisels through carving tools.

Tom