Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Jack Mincey - Winner/Bowl Category!!

Thumbs up Congrats to Jack Mincey - Winner/Bowl Category!!

Now that the final votes are in I would like to congratulate all of the winner, and especially Jack Mincey. It is a well deserved win.

I would also like to thank John Keeton, and Steve Schlumph for organizing this. It was fun, and it showcased some fantastic turnings. Contests like this can only make all of better turners.

Also the sponsors, Jeff Nicol, Doug Thompson, Sean Ackerman, and David Woodruff deserve a big shout out for their generosity.

Congrats to Jack Mincey - Winner/Bowl Category!!

Jack Mincey was the top vote getter in the Bowl Category of the SMC Fall Turning 2010 Contest!!! Congratulations, Jack!!

Jack will receive the following prizes:

Mike Smith, of Century Tree Turnings, has donated 12 turning blanks, 3 blanks/month for 4 months. The blanks must be of domestics in stock, limited to $250 in total value, and shipping will be at the expense of the winner. Mike has some beautiful blanks. Sean Ackerman of ToolNut has donated a Hamlet Craft Tools 3/8" Bowl Gouge. In addition, Doug Thompson of Thompson Lathe Tools has donated a 3/8" Detail Gouge.

All of the entries were great examples of the talent on SMC.

A great big THANKS to all that participated, and a special THANK YOU for the great prizes donated by our contest sponsors.

This event would not have been possible without these folks. Please show your appreciation for their support of our forum!
    Last edited by John Keeton; 11-06-2010 at 2:01 PM.

I couldn't agree more. The contest was fun, and I've really enjoyed seeing all of the entries. The mods and sponsors deserve praise, and I would encourage all of you to join me in patronizing the sponsors with your future business... Nothing says thanks like an order!

Congrats to all of the entrants and winners and thanks to those who took the time to cast a vote.

Congrats Jack. Your entry makes me wanna buy a bowl coring set! Very well deserved.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

Spectacular nested set Jack! A well deserved 1st place blue ribbon entry...Bill..
    Last edited by Bill Bolen; 11-07-2010 at 9:30 AM.

Jack - congrats! Absolutely beautiful work on the bowl set!

Looking forward to seeing a photo of you with all your winnings!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations... the set is truely beautiful.

Congratulations Jack! A special piece of wood and you got every bit out of it!

I want to offer a sincere THANK YOU to the moderators and the venders that put this contest together. Next, I want to THANK the creekers for their votes. I entered the contest knowing that the talent here at the creek would be great and I wasn’t wrong. All the entries are beautiful creations which where worthy of winning. The entries in all four categories show how much talent is present here on the Creek. I’m still surprised to win in this contest, up against such talented turners. It is a great honor and should help motivate me to keep on improving my turning for years to come.
    AGAIN THANK YOU,
    Sincerely,
    Jack Mincey
    Last edited by Jack Mincey; 11-06-2010 at 8:01 PM.

Jack,

Your nested set was just incredible. I really appreciate what it took to complete the set. Very well done. You truly deserved the award.

Alan

Smile Congrats

Good going Jack. The club is proud of your woodturning accomplishments..

Ted

Congratulations Jack.

When I saw your work I knew you would be tough competition.
    If you want to share some of that wood with the runner-up just let me know. LOL

Nice Job,
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please see personal profile for website info.

Thanks again everyone. Ted, I have to say having the local turning club meeting at my school shop over the last 3 or 4 years is the main reason my turning has improved to the level it is today. John, your bowl in the contest is beautiful and I've still a little surprised that my set got more votes. I'm not sure how you got the effect in it but it is very unique and looks out of this world.
    Thanks again,
    Jack Mincey

Congrats Jack. That is a beautiful cored set.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congrats! Good stuff!