Thread: First time using my Earlex 5000

First time using my Earlex 5000

I am very happy with the results. I sprayed some false drawer fronts, two coats on the back and three on the front. I used MinWax fast drying poly and it worked great. Clean up is easy! I plan on using EM6000 more in the future. but I needed to continue with the MinWax since that is what I started with on this project.
    I pre-drilled for the pulls and screwed in a temporary screw to act like a handle. I had a turn table with some painters pyramids. I built a spray booth from PVC and plastic film. I waited about 4 hours between coats, leaving the finish is the gun with no problem.

With so much information at SMC and on the internet. The learning curve was small. Many thanks to all of you that posted information about the HV5000 and spraying with HVLP turbines. I am very happy with my purchase!
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Is that the same model that Woodcraft has on sale this month?

Yes it is the same one. I am very happy with it.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

pretty sure it was the Wood Whisperer that did a whole review on the 5000 and overall it was favorable.
    I've got the 3000. not having anything to compare it to, I'm satisfied so far. I'm not a professional using it daily however.
    fledgling weekend warrior