Thread: Sheet metal and PVC Fittings

Sheet metal and PVC Fittings

I'm working on the plan to upgrade my DC. For simplicity, I'm going to run 7" main and 5" and 6" drops. I'm hoping to automate the drops and build my own gates. Can any one tell me how well the 6" sheet metal fittings match or mate with the 6" PVC fittings?

I used an 8-6-6 metal wye on my exhaust. I cut a 1" wide piece of the 6" PVC and put on the metal wye so that the 6" flex would have a good fit. I believe this 1" wide piece was on the crimped part of the metal wye. Might have to look at at that to verify. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Jim,

It sounds like you went from 6" sheetmetal to 6" flex. Did you have to go from 6" sheetmetal to 6" PVC by any chance? I am trying to guage the fit-up of the two different pipes.

I had good luck with 6" sheetmetal fitting snuggly within 6" ASTM-2729.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

That gives me hope. I have found anyone that carries the heavy gauge sheetmetal and PVC fittings, so I was looking for someone that had experience before I shelled out the $$$.